If you and your partner are nature and wildlife enthusiasts, a unique honeymoon tour to Sri Lanka awaits you. Here’s a suggested itinerary that combines wildlife encounters and natural wonders for an unforgettable experience:
Day 1-3: Colombo and Negombo
- Begin your journey in Colombo, Sri Lanka’s capital city. Explore the vibrant markets, indulge in local cuisine, and visit cultural landmarks such as the Gangaramaya Temple and Independence Square.
- Head to Negombo, a coastal town known for its beautiful beaches and fishing village atmosphere. Relax by the beach and enjoy fresh seafood.
Day 4-5: Wilpattu National Park
- Travel to Wilpattu National Park, the largest national park in Sri Lanka. Embark on thrilling wildlife safaris and have the chance to spot elusive leopards, elephants, sloth bears, and numerous bird species.
- Stay overnight in a safari lodge near the national park for an immersive experience.
Day 6-8: Cultural Triangle and Minneriya National Park
- Visit the Cultural Triangle, which includes Sigiriya, Dambulla, and Polonnaruwa. Explore the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya, the Dambulla Cave Temple, and the well-preserved ruins of Polonnaruwa.
- Proceed to Minneriya National Park, famous for its large gathering of wild elephants during the annual elephant migration known as “The Gathering.” Enjoy a wildlife safari and witness this incredible natural phenomenon.
Day 9-11: Horton Plains National Park and Nuwara Eliya
- Journey to Horton Plains National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its stunning landscapes and biodiversity. Embark on a scenic hike to World’s End, a breathtaking viewpoint overlooking a sheer cliff.
- Continue to Nuwara Eliya, a picturesque hill station with tea plantations and cool climate. Take a romantic stroll through lush tea estates, visit a tea factory, and enjoy a cup of Ceylon tea.
Day 12-14: Udawalawe National Park and Mirissa
- Travel to Udawalawe National Park, famous for its large population of wild elephants. Experience a wildlife safari and spot elephants, water buffalo, crocodiles, and an array of bird species.
- Proceed to Mirissa, a coastal town known for its stunning beaches and whale watching opportunities. Embark on a thrilling whale watching excursion and witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
Day 15-16: Sinharaja Forest Reserve and Galle
- Visit the Sinharaja Forest Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the last remaining rainforests in Sri Lanka. Take a guided nature walk and discover the rich biodiversity, including endemic bird species.
- Explore the historic city of Galle, known for its well-preserved Dutch colonial architecture. Visit the Galle Fort, walk along the charming streets, and enjoy sunset views from the fort walls.
Day 17: Departure
- Depart from Sri Lanka with unforgettable memories of your wildlife and nature-filled honeymoon adventure.
Remember to check the best time to visit each destination and tailor the itinerary based on your preferences and the duration of your honeymoon. Sri Lanka’s diverse wildlife and natural wonders provide a unique backdrop for a thrilling and romantic honeymoon experience. For more information please visit – Atravelpark.com